Automation Engineer, Eagle Recorder
Tyler Technologies | Lakewood, CO
Automation Engineer, Eagle Recorder
The Automation Engineer has primary responsibility for developing software tests. The Automation Engineer works closely with QA Analysts to develop test automation scripts targeted at specific software application functions. Work assignments are product oriented and may be of various size and complexity. The Automation Engineer will demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and execution of QA practices and testing methodologies.
ResponsibilitiesThe Automation Engineer is responsible for writing test design specifications and automated test cases, and designing and developing test automation framework and tools to ensure the functionality of the software. The Automation Engineer handles work of moderate to complex scope and complexity.
- Design, implement and execute test cases based on product functional specifications.
- Develop, implement and maintain test automation scripts using automation tools.
- Develop solid test automation framework.
- Analyze software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports to the QA Manager and Software Engineers.
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing and provide approvals during development sprints, integration, release, regression and patch software development phases; document results.
- Perform comprehensive testing and validate that program modules meet specifications and standards; this involves interviewing multiple parties to design effective test solutions.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases for all testing assignments typically of moderate complexity.
- Participate in agile scrum meetings to gain and apply knowledge of feature requirements, system operation, and ensure new feature stories have appropriate test criteria defined.
- Review and edit regression test case scripts.
- Document and execute black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Work with Product Analysts, Product Managers and other relevant parties to design and document test cases for new and existing product features within Tyler’s software application.
- Assist product development in the design of acceptance test criteria for new product feature stories.
- Validate written documentation for accuracy and completion.
- Leverage risk based analysis and to identify manual test cases for test automation.
- Execute automated test scripts and evaluate results; assist with automation script maintenance.
- Identify and document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers and other relevant parties.
- Adhere to and assist senior team members and/or leadership in the development of standards and procedures.
- May assist in the training of other team members and new QA staff when new processes are introduced to help ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QualificationsThe Automation Engineer must be able to:
- Work independently as well as in a team and make sound independent decisions.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of QA practices/testing methodologies and assigned software modules.
- Exhibit efficient management of time, tasks and priorities.
- Assist senior and/or lead QA team members and/or management in defining/refining QA standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic and focus on work, tasks, priorities and improving the QA process.
- Exhibit solid technical skills to address moderately complex testing scenarios involving web and database servers, mobile devices and/or other system components.
- Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and effectively/professionally with peers, management, Development, Support and other departments within the company.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in software development and quality assurance and identify recommended technical solutions to management, leads and/or other appropriate parties.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to help diagnose issues of basic and moderate complexity; partner with senior/lead staff to resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two or more years of experience in software quality assurance/testing or related experience including but not limited to writing and executing on test cases, test scripts and plans successfully.
- Previous experience developing automated tests using coding languages (such as C#) required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills involving comprehensive research and fact finding along with effective root cause analysis, sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle and associated methodologies is required
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Solid knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and queries.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team as well as across functional groups.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile SCRUM development processes.
- Must be able to travel occasional if requested.