Deployment Engineer installs and configures hardware, Tyler software, and 3rd party software remotely and on-site prior to go-live phase of software implementation process. Installs and configures interfaces between Tyler Software and other applications. Troubleshoots issues of moderate difficulty that arise during these installation processes.
- Performs onsite or remote installation services for new and existing clients in accordance with the service work order.
- Installs and configures applications which run on a variety of server operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Installs and configures databases which include Microsoft SQL Server and IBM Informix.
- Installs and configures web servers and deploy web products to clients.
- Installs, configures and tests all components to the expected revisions and performance standards.
- Provides technical training to clients regarding software installation procedures as needed.
- Consults with other departments during various phases of sales and implementation processes to ensure that the correct hardware and 3 rd party software are ordered and delivered during the correct phase.
- Documents results of service work performed for use by internal staff.
- Position may require either travel to client sites or off-hours coverage based on customer demand.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or comparable work experience.
- Experience administering and installing applications on Windows or Linux servers.
- Experience installing or configuring the Microsoft SQL Server database engine.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations.
- Basic knowledge of web server technology, .NET framework, and SSL security.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.